I remember, years ago when I was still in secondary 2, my parents took me on a trip to Bintan for a resort stay. The van ride to the resort from the airport was uneventful save one incident.
We pulled up at a traffic junction, and this lady came up to the window - baby in hand - to offer to sell us some trinkets.
No one should ever have to do that. We politely refused, and as the van pulled away I looked back, and I remember the look on that woman's face.
I will never forget it.
Yeah it's a fucked up world, ain't it?
---------------------------------------
Which always serves to remind me how sodding lucky I am. No matter how much you moan and gripe, what you experience is nothing compared to the plight of others. And for some of us, we sit in the comfort of our electrical cocoons and complain about the stresses of life.
Yeah you got an exam? Somewhere, someone is going hungry. CCA practice getting you down? How would you like to be destitute and dying? Kinda puts things in perspective I reckon. I'm behind in math, my economics is a disaster, but you know what? I don't have the right to complain.
None of us do.
Posted by Calvin at
9:41 pm
profile
Calvin
19 oh gawd I'm old
NJC
Atheist
And then some
Likes Chocolate Coke My stuffed animals My computer My friends My books My life To draw Dragons Cats