Saturday, October 27, 2007

I turn around to see the sky churning a wonderfully murderous shade of grey. Quite possibly the best way to start the morning.

With all the trees around, I can just imagine I'm back in Boston, where I spent a year of my younger days. Good old dreary Boston, all browns and greens, a good deal better than the garish, technicolour Disneyland that is Singapore.

When it rains, pedestrians plod on, doing whatever it is that pedestrians do. One needn't worry about messy hair, nor the colour or shape of one's clothes, as everyone is too busy clutching umbrellas. Social rules and polite distances break down as people scurry for shelter.

And that wonderful silence, which only happens when even the most talkative of us realise we have been outdone. A good thing, as silent introspection is always helpful. I do feel, that if we all talked a little less, we would have much better things to say when we do.

Now it's raining proper, I'm off to sit on my window ledge and enjoy a treetop breakfast. I think it's going to be a wonderful day.

Posted by Calvin at 7:36 am